Further guidance and reference can be sought from the following publications with regard to commercial catering equipment, its installation, maintenance and general safety requirements.
Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998
BS 6173:2009 Specification for installations and maintenance of gas-fired catering appliances for use in all types of catering establishments (2nd and 3rd family gases).
TR19 Building Engineering Services Association, cleanliness of ventilation systems.
The Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974
All employers, employees and self-employed persons have responsibilities and duties imposed upon them under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, that the health and safety of their employees and others who may be affected by their work is not compromised.
Employees have a duty to ensure that any of their work would not present a gas safety hazard or pose any risk to others.
The Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998
All work should be carried out by suitably qualified engineers that are registered with Gas Safe the registration body for all gas businesses, One Perfect Solution Ltd. is a Gas Safe registered business that has commercially trained gas engineers that are qualified to carry out work associated with commercial catering equipment safely.
Gas Appliance (Safety Regulations) 1995
These Regulation requires all new catering appliances to be CE marked.
Important factors to consider.
With all catering establishments and their installations it is essential to have the following to ensure their continued safety.
- Adequate ventilation.
- Staff have been adequately trained on the use of the appliances/equipment.
- Adequate ventilation ductwork.
- Suitable interlocks with the gas supply
- Adequate maintenance, cleaning and servicing procedures.
- Flame supervision devices.
- Installation of Carbon Monoxide alarms.
Any shortfall in these would increase a safety risk. One Perfect Solution Ltd. can provide a risk assessment of your catering installation and assist your business in meeting its
A risk assessment carried out by One Perfect Solution Ltd. will consider the following issues –
- The provision for a suitable ventilation/gas supply interlock.
- Adequate room size
- Evidence of lack of previous maintenance.
- Adequate removal of products of combustion.
- Cleanliness of ductwork and filters.
- The benefit of Carbon Monoxide alarms and the interlock with the gas supply.
- Adequate training of staff and appliance use.
- Procedures for maintenance.
- Display of safety notices.
- The safety of the gas appliances in accordance with Regulation 26(9) and the relevant checks in conjunction with servicing procedures specified by the appliance manufacturers.
Failure to ensure that your business and its gas installation and appliances are safe could seriously affect your business and put both your customers and employees at risk.
Look after your appliances, look after your staff, look after yourself, comply with the law and always verify Gas Safe Engineers Identity .There is many ways you check Gas Safe Engineers Identity
STAY SAFE !
Call Today One Perfect Solution Ltd on 08081200699 for professional advice for Commercial Gas Projects.